Instructional Design Services at the College of Pharmacy provides faculty with guidance and assistance in developing technology-enhanced, pedagogically sound, blended courses based on the UF Standards and Makers of Excellence for Online and Blended Courses and best practices in Medical education, while consulting the most current research in learning effectiveness and educational technologies.
Faculty seeking to create active learning experiences for their students, or seeking to learn more about the instructional design process, can contact us today for a consultation. Throughout the instructional design process, faculty developers meet with an assigned instructional designer to participate in a rich development opportunity by applying the UF Standards and Markers of Excellence to build or enhance their courses with innovative technologies and strategies.
Through these efforts, we hope to enable collaborative research opportunities for our faculty to become leaders in the practice of technology-enhanced teaching and learning.
Some services offered include:
- Course Design & Development. Courses are designed through our 8 phase instructional design process and based on the UF Standards and Markers of Excellence and ACPE Standards.
- Consultations. Single or multi-meeting consultations may be scheduled to discuss ideas or potential projects related to:
- Instructional strategies
- Assessment methods
- Active learning strategies or logistics
- Educational technology solutions
- Or any other education related problem or innovation
- Project Management. Our instructional designers can manage grant funded projects by leading a team of stake holders through the instructional design process to produce such products as:
- Training modules/workshops
- Educational videos
- Educational mobile apps
- Educational websites
- Educational Multimedia & Message Design. Design and development of instructional media such as:
- Info-graphics (graphic design)
- Educational video script and storyboard preparation
- Presentation design
- Storyline® interactive web applications